We’ve discussed at length in the office, what makes our dogs feel special and here are our top five tips!
- Find somewhere new to walk your dog – he will love the change of scenery and it will be an adventure you can both share and enjoy!
- Pamper him with some TLC – a nice shoulder massage or a good scratch and cuddle will be just what he needs after that lovely long walk.
- Spend some quality time together: Turn off the phone and TV and focus on enjoying some quiet time together.
- Update his wardrobe with something smart and functional from our Dogissimo range!
- Make him some healthy treats for the special day. How about some peanut butter and banana dog treats? – We found this super recipe courtesy of wholefoodsmarket.com
1 banana, peeled
1 cup oat flour
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dried parsley
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 300°F. Put banana in a large bowl and use a spoon or potato masher to mash it thoroughly. Add oat flour, oats, parsley, peanut butter and egg and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Roll mixture into 24 balls, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each; transfer to a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet as done. Use the back of a spoon or the heel of your hand to press each ball into a (1 1/2- to 2-inch) coin. Bake until firm and deep golden brown on the bottom, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
We’re feeling kind of hungry now!